Course Messages & Email
Messages are private and secure text-based communication that occurs within a course and among course members. Although similar to email, you must be logged in to the course to read and send messages.
NOTE: For optimal performace and to avoid any delay/lag with the Course Messages tool, configure your Internet browsers to auto-clear cache on exit. For help with clearing browser cache, see the tutorial at http://java.com/en/download/help/webcache.xml
- From the Course Menu under Course Tools click on Course Messages.
How to Send a Message
COURSE MESSAGES IN BLACKBOARD ARE INTERNAL TO BLACKBOARD. OUTSIDE EMAIL ADDRESS CANNOT BE ENTERED AND MAIL CANNOT BE FORWARDED TO AN EXTERNAL EMAIL ADDRESS.
- On the Messages page, click Create Message on the action bar.
- On the Compose Message page, select To and a list of course members appears.
- In the Select Recipients: To line box, select the recipients and click the right-pointing arrow to move them to the Recipients box. You can use the Cc, and Bcc functions to send the message to those users that may be interested in the message, but are not the primary recipients. When using Bcc, other recipients do not know that the users listed in the Bcc field are receiving the message.
- Type the Subject.
- Type the Body. You can use the Text Editor functions to format the text and include files, images, web links, multimedia, and mashups. You may only upload from Course Files or the Content Collection.
- In the Attachment section, optionally, add an attachment from your computer.