Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing
Each examination is 3 hours in length and is open book. Each examination contains 75 multiple choice questions. Each multiple choice question contains a choice of four (4) possible answers, of which the candidate is to select the best answer. Each question carries equal weight.
Online examinations are offered in 2 formats:
- Online Examination at Your Home / Your Location
- Accessible from the Candidate's home, office, or location of choice
- No software to install
- Click here to see how virtual proctoring works
- Ensure your system meets these requirements:
- Desktop computer or laptop (not tablet, Chromebook, or cell phone)
- A working built-in or external webcam, speakers, and microphone
- Browser with pop-up blocker disabled
- Internet speed must be at least 2 Mbps download and 2 Mbps upload
- Hot spots are not recommended.
- Check your system at: https://prod.examity.com/systemcheck/ComputerReadinessCheck.aspx
An attempt to proctor your examination at lower bandwidth internet speeds will be made, but in the event that a continuous connection to your computer cannot be maintained, your examination will have to be rescheduled.
- Online Examination at Test Centre
- Utilizing established Ontario College Test Centre locations throughout Ontario
To see sample online examinations click here. (For demonstration only, questions not current.)
User name = test
Password = password
Note: In parts of northern Ontario where sufficient internet services are not yet available, paper examinations will be offered utilizing Ontario College satellite locations. Click here to see a sample paper examination.