The impact and contribution that Don (Monty) Montgomery has made starts at Humber and extends globally. He has provided opportunities for Humber students’ involvement in charitable and service learning trips, including:
- Soup kitchen in El Limonal for families living at the Chinandega Garbage Dump
- Wildlife Conservation Turtle Hatchery
- Mangrove reforestation
- Villa Nueva Esperanza Housing Development in Jiquilillo
- Community Recreation programs with Field of Hope
- Medical Clinic and Vocational school for Jiquilillo and surrounding villages
- Recreational activities and new skilled trades program and the building of a baseball diamond and pottery kiln for children. Montgomery donated his own property for these initiatives.
Montgomery has spoken to hundreds of Humber students, including at the recent Sustainability in Tourism Event. He continues to act as a resource for students and faculty who want to learn how to contribute internationally and practice sustainable ecotourism in their own careers.
Montgomery has contributed to Humber College, the fields of ecotourism and service learning, sustainability, sport and recreation, animal welfare and education in Nicaragua and Toronto, and has positively influenced the lives of countless individuals.