Capital Project Updates
Parking and Construction - Lakeshore Campus
Due to City of Toronto works and the Elementary School construction, we are experiencing some road and sidewalk limitations:
- Sidewalk restrictions on Colonel Samuel Smith Park Drive in front of the Elementary School construction site.
- Road and sidewalk restrictions on Colonel Samuel Smith Park Drive in front of M building until end of August.
On campus, the following areas have limited or restricted access due to repair work:
- Sidewalks around G Building until end of August.
- M Building access to Quad area stairwell is closed until mid September.
Parking - Lot 1 Access - North Campus
Due to ongoing construction activities along Arboretum Blvd south of Entrance A, we recommend accessing Parking Lot 1 through Entrance E to minimize traffic delays.
North Campus Construction Zones (No Public Access)
When planning activities, please note there is construction in the areas listed below, public access is limited or not available:
1) Building E Envelope Retrofit: Exterior space closed until December 2017..
2) Building J Replacement Windows: Exterior space closed until Sept 2017. Frames installed, glass window replacement ongoing after hours..
3) Deferred Maintenance: Non-disruptive exterior works visible until Nov 2017..
4) Centre for Technology Innovation (CTI): Ongoing construction until fall 2018.
5) Parking Structure: Ongoing construction until summer 2018.
6) Classrooms Under Works: Will be completed by the following dates:
- Aug 21: N223
- Aug 23: N215
- Aug 25: N211
- Aug 29: N209, N205
- Aug 30: N114, N114A, N114B, N114C
- Aug 31: NB106
- Jan 2018: E301
- Jan 2018: E420
- Jan 2018: C105
North Campus Construction and Parking Update - Winter, 2017
Humber has been fortunate to see consistent student enrolment growth and a corresponding institutional commitment to student success. As a result, we are investing in new facilities and spaces for our learners, along with accompanying support services for employees
In January 2017, construction will begin on two major North Campus projects: the new Centre for Technology Innovation (CTI), and a new multi-deck 1000 space parking garage.
Construction on the CTI will result in the closure of Parking Lot 3A. The new CTI will be substantially complete by April 30, 2018.
The new parking garage will be located in the area that formerly comprised Parking Lot 2 and the Building W Child Care Centre (demolished March 2017). Humber part-time staff and faculty who previously parked in Lot 2 and have purchased a valid parking permit for the winter semester have been moved to Lot 4, which is now gated, card-access only. Substantial completion of this facility is expected by the end of February 2018 and will increase the total North Campus parking capacity by approximately 200 spaces. Please note that as a result of construction, there may be traffic congestion on Arboretum Boulevard, especially at entrance A (to/from Humber College Boulevard) and in the areas by Parking Lots 3 and 4. Please allow for additional time when travelling to campus.
Reduced dailyrate and permit overflow parking is available at both the Queen’s Plate and Woodbine Mall parking lots, with a free shuttle to the North Campus running every 15 minutes. Reduced permit parking rates are also available at Woodbine Mall.
As we head into the 50th anniversary of Ontario colleges, Humber continues to operate in a period of institutional growth and innovation. While we recognize that these infrastructure projects can cause short-term disruption to campus life, we're looking forward to working together to build on our many achievements and continue to support student success.
Thank you for your ongoing support.