This workshop will be a way of telling my story: how I kept an open mind while learning a new technology, had an idea as to how to apply it, and saw the process through until it was finished. The finished project was a promotional library video using Goanimate software. Part of my story is that I was initially somewhat intimidated to take this step, but once I did, I found it to be the most rewarding project I have ever worked on in all my time at Humber, so far. Little did I know it would become such a collaborative effort, and that I would have the chance to meet new people and work with them through the whole process. The entire experience refreshed my spirit!
- I want participants to be inspired to try something new and be bold in their approach.
- I also want participants to recognize the support that is available to them with the CTL, and understand there is great value in collaboration and team effort.
- I want to recognize there is great value in collaboration and team effort.
- I may show them bits of the software GoAnimate, but emphasize the time it took for me to learn it and produce the project (a year from start to finish) so they are realistic about it.
- I want them to enjoy the fun and humour in the video itself.