Attendees and Presenters
Make sure to come to registration to pick up your name badge. Registration will be in A170 from 7:30 AM - 8:15 AM at the Lakeshore Campus followed by the presentation and keynote starting at 8:30 AM in A128 (auditorium).
On Site Registration
For those who still want to register for Showcase, you may do so by dropping by the registration table at A170 at the Lakeshore Campus from 7:30 AM - 8:15 AM.
After the keynote, registration will be moved to the first floor of the L Building.
Parking at the Lakeshore Campus will be free for Showcase 2018 attendees in Lot 1 near buildings A and B. View Map.
Can't make it to Lakeshore?
Join our livestream at the North Campus in Lecture Theatre E135 from 8:30 a.m.-10:30 a.m.
Showcase 2018 Schedule
Click on the times below for more schedule information and for the list of the workshops.
- 10:45 a.m.–11:45 a.m. AI : Excitement without the hype
- 10:45 a.m.–11:45 a.m. The Art of Simulation
- 10:45 a.m.–11:45 a.m. "...But, sustainability doesn't fit in MY course."
- 10:45 a.m.–11:45 a.m. Creating successful reading and participation habits Full
- 10:45 a.m.–11:45 a.m. Cultural Appropriation: Taking the Pulse on Art and Power Full
- 10:45 a.m.–11:45 a.m. Digital Campus Plan
- 10:45 a.m.–11:45 a.m. Exploring the Impact of Integrative Learning Activities — A TIF Project
- 10:45 a.m.–11:45 a.m. How to perform a Lab Flip
- 10:45 a.m.–11:45 a.m. It Takes Two: How to bring community and curriculum together through Community Service Learning
- 10:45 a.m.–11:45 a.m. Learning Code using Tangible Aids: Making code engaging for all learners
- 10:45 a.m.–11:45 a.m. The Learning Portal: Open learning resources and services for Ontario college students
- 10:45 a.m.–11:45 a.m. Successfully integrating business course material through software simulation
- 10:45 a.m.–11:45 a.m. What is VR/AR/XR/360 & Why I should care
- 12:00 p.m.–12:30 p.m. A New Idea made into a Real Video with a little help from CTL
- 12:00 p.m.–12:30 p.m. Breadth vs. Depth: how do we measure learning experience? Full
- 12:00 p.m.–12:30 p.m. Campus as a Living Lab: Defining what a Fairtrade Campus means for Humber College
- 12:00 p.m.–12:30 p.m. Enhancing services through technology and partnerships
- 12:00 p.m.–12:30 p.m. Humber's new Human Resources Management System (HRMS)
- 12:00 p.m.–12:30 p.m. Inquiring into Inquiry-Based Learning
- 12:00 p.m.–12:30 p.m. Leverage Your Star Students to Drive Conversion
- 12:00 p.m.–12:30 p.m. STEPPing-Up Critical Care–Using Simulation in Post-Graduate Nursing Education
- 12:00 p.m.–12:30 p.m. Tweetify your presentation–using the principles of Twitter to engage students
- 12:00 p.m.–12:30 p.m. Using ESL Techniques with ESL Students in a General Education Course (The Introduction to Arts and Sciences)
- 12:00 p.m.–12:30 p.m. Using negotiations as active learning activities
- 12:00 p.m.–12:30 p.m. [NEW] Tuning Students In: Podcasts as a Complimentary Digital Platform
- 1:45 p.m.–2:45 p.m. Applause! Applause! Bravo! Full
- 1:45 p.m.–2:45 p.m. Concussions: The Return to Learn Process
- 1:45 p.m.–2:45 p.m. Do you have an applied research project or entrepreneurship activity in mind?
- 1:45 p.m.–2:45 p.m. Everything You Need to Know About the Coming Legalization of Cannabis in Canada Full
- 1:45 p.m.–2:45 p.m. Interrupting Implicit Biases in the Faculty Hiring Process
- 1:45 p.m.–2:45 p.m. LinkedIn Train-the-Trainer Workshop Full
- 1:45 p.m.–2:45 p.m. The Paperless Classroom for Mac and iOS
- 1:45 p.m.–2:45 p.m. Reflections on Teaching and Learning
- 1:45 p.m.–2:45 p.m. So, You want to Retire???? Full
- 1:45 p.m.–2:45 p.m. Stories of Place: Mother Earth, Water, and Storytelling at Niigaani-gichigami (Leading Sea) - Lake Ontario Full
- 1:45 p.m.–2:45 p.m. Understanding Your SWF
- 1:45 p.m.–2:45 p.m. What is this web portal of which you speak?
- 1:45 p.m.–2:45 p.m. You have a human rights complaint–now what?
- 1:45 p.m.–2:45 p.m. [NEW] Design Thinking: Innovative Ideas and Creative Solutions Full
- 3:00 p.m.–4:00 p.m. Ethics and Fashion: Changing Patterns Full
- 3:00 p.m.–4:00 p.m. Explore Electronics with Paper Circuits
- 3:00 p.m.–4:00 p.m. The Heat and Energy of Latin Dancing
- 3:00 p.m.–4:00 p.m. How to travel a little more sustainably
- 3:00 p.m.–4:00 p.m. Kickstart your YouTube channel
- 3:00 p.m.–4:00 p.m. Needle Felting Workshop Full
- 3:00 p.m.–4:00 p.m. #OnthePulse and #OnTheAir: Be in the cast of a live Radio play!
- 3:00 p.m.–4:00 p.m. Playing in Motion
- 3:00 p.m.–4:00 p.m. Rebel, Upholder, Obliger or Questioner, Which One Are You And Why Does It Matter?
- 3:00 p.m.–4:00 p.m. Social Media Accessibility
- 3:00 p.m.–4:00 p.m. Stop & Go–Healthy Eating on the Run Full
- 3:00 p.m.–4:00 p.m. Stress Management and Meditation Full
- 3:00 p.m.–4:00 p.m. "Tighten Your Belt:" Duke Ellington Comes North of the Border to Humber