The Student Voices on Sexual Violence online survey is intended to provide information about how students perceive, understand and respond to sexual violence, as well as how colleges and universities address sexual violence. Sexual violence is defined as “any sexual act or act targeting a person’s sexuality, gender identity or gender expression, whether the act is physical or psychological in nature, that is committed, threatened or attempted against a person without the person’s consent. It includes sexual assault, sexual harassment, stalking, indecent exposure, voyeurism and sexual exploitation” (MTCU Act).
This confidential survey is for all eligible students and your choice of $5 electronic gift card (Amazon, Indigo or Starbucks) will be provided as appreciation for your time.
How will I be contacted?
If you are 18 years or older and a full-time student enrolled at Humber College, you will receive an e-mail invitation to participate in the online survey in March 2018. The email will be sent by CCI Research, the company conducting the survey on behalf the Ontario Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development.Participation is voluntary.
What is the goal of the survey?
The goal of the survey is to help Humber College to:
- Better understand student experiences of sexual violence
- Increase awareness of sexual violence
- Better understand how students perceive consent to sexual activity
- Increase awareness of services and support available to students who have experienced sexual violence
- Improve policies and processes for responding to sexual violence
- Better understand how bystanders in the campus community may react to sexual violence
- Improve services and support offered to survivors
- Reflect on social dynamics that contribute to sexual violence.
What questions will be asked?
The survey will ask for student input, perspectives and experiences with:
- Unwanted sexual attention
- Consent for sexual activity
- Reactions to sexual harassment or sexual assault against yourself or others
- Support services addressing sexual violence at Humber College
- Beliefs and knowledge
- Education and prevention
Learn more about the survey
- If you have questions about the survey, contact Meg Houghton, Associate Dean Student Wellness and Equity at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Media Inquiries, contact Andrew Leopold at email@example.com
- Student Resources Sexual Violence: https://humber.ca/student-life/sexual-assault/ to learn more about Humber's sexual harassment and sexual violence prevention and support initiatives.
- Sexual Violence Training Module for all Employees: Available through learn.humber.ca