During the period of academic disruption, confidential counselling services will be temporarily unavailable to all registered students. Services still open to registered students include nurses, a mental health nurse and Doctors offering health services, check in, mental health support and referrals to community agencies. Updates will be shared on this page and through social media as they become available.
Community Mental Health Crisis Support
If you are experiencing a mental health or addictions related crisis:
- Contact your doctor
- Go to the nearest hospital Emergency Room
- Call 911
- Call Telehealth Ontario at 1-866-797-0000
Integrated Community Mental Health Crisis Response Program
The provides assistance 24 hrs a day to adults 16 yrs and over with problems affecting their mental health. A mobile crisis team can also meet with you in your home or the community. The program will also provide support and information if you are concerned about a friend or family member.
- 416-929-5200 (Toronto – Gerstein Centre)
- 416-498-0043 (Etobicoke & North York)
- 416-289-2434 (Scarborough & East York)
- 905-278-9036 (Brampton, Mississauga, Caledon and Dufferin)
- Toll-Free 1-888-811-2222 (Caledon and Dufferin)
Provides professional and anonymous counselling support 24 hrs/7 days/week
- Post-Secondary Student Helpline: 1-866-925-5454
- Distress Centre Toronto: 416-408-4357
- Distress Centre Brampton: 905-459-7777 (provides support in English, Hindi, Punjabi, Urdu, Spanish and Portuguese)
- Distress Centre Peel: 905-278-7208
- Distress Centre Oakville: 905-849-4541
- Distress Centre Hamilton/Burlington: 905-681-1488, 905-972-8338
A helpline and online database of Toronto’s and Ontario’s community and social services that are here to support mental, physical and social wellbeing.
For Toronto: www.211toronto.ca or call 211
For Ontario: www.211ontario.ca or call 211
Mental Health Helpline
A free and confidential service to help you find services in your community.
We also facilitate social/support groups:
- LGBTQ+ Resource Centre - Connect with other students and have some fun playing board games, discussing hot topics, letting your inner actor out, or reading about all the queer things.
- ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder) Social Group - During the period of academic disruption, the ASD social group meetings at the North Campus scheduled for Wednesdays at 1:30 pm will be postponed until further notice. Updates will be shared on this page and through social media as they become available..
*Humber and Guelph-Humber students have access to FREE and CONFIDENTIAL counselling. We do not discuss your situation with teachers, parents, friends, family or anyone else you request.