Why should I get involved with the Student Leadership Academy?
The academy is a great opportunity for you to;
- Enhance your leadership styles, skills and values
- Build your employability
- Engage with the student leadership community
- Connect with other leaders from Humber and Guelph-Humber
- Discover your interests and passions
- Expand your networks and contacts
- Receive certificate(s) of recognition
How do I know what path is right for me?
The three paths are in place to help you pick what works for you. If you are unsure, get in touch with the leadership team and we can help you pick the path that works for you.
I don’t have a lot of leadership experience; I don’t think the Student Leadership Academy is for me. What should I do?
We believe that leadership is for everyone. Leadership is a skill that can be learnt and develops overtime. The process for leadership is ongoing and begins with the first step! The Student Leadership Academy can help you and guide you through the process. Connect with us to find out how we can help you get leading!
When can I enroll in the Academy?
- Registration for Path 1: Leadership Conference is now closed
- Registration for Path 2: Leadership Certificate Program is now OPEN!
- Applications for Path 3: Leadership Retreat are now OPEN!
- Registration for SLA +: Advanced Workshop Series is now closed (note students must currently hold a leadership position on campus or have completed Path 2)
* Please note, available spaces on the Leadership Retreat are limited and registration is not guaranteed. Students will be required to complete a short application and will be notified ahead of time if they have been accepted to the retreat.
Is there a specific order in which I should complete the paths?
You can complete the paths in any order you would like. However, our events follow a timeline.
Dates are subject to change however, the timeline for our events are as below:
- Path 1: Leadership Conference: October, 2018
- SLA +: Advanced Workshop Series: November 2018
- Path 3: Leadership Retreat: February 1st - 3rd, 2019
- Path 2: Leadership Certificate Program: Ongoing from February-April, 2019
How can I attend the leadership retreat?
Applications are now OPEN!
To learn more, check out our retreat information page by clicking here.
I don’t know of any community groups to volunteer with. What should I do?
The academy partners with community organizations throughout the year. These community engagement and volunteer days will give you the opportunity to gain your volunteer experience while engaging in community service learning.
How can I obtain my certificate of recognition?
Once you have completed all the steps, contact us and we will provide you with a certificate.