Wondering how to get involved with the Office of Sustainability? There are a few ways:
- Subscribe to our mailing list where we send information about our events, and put calls out for volunteers
- Contact us directly and ask a question
- Depending on the semester and the number of interested students, there may be a student sustainability club
- Contact IGNITE to find out if there is a club running this school year!
Sustainability at home
Whether you live on or off-campus, there are many ways you can make your footprint more sustainable. Please consider:
- Making sure your windows are closed during the winter
- Turning off your lights and computers when not in use
- Keeping showers to a reasonable length of time (hot water creates a significant environmental footprint!)
- Use public transit, cycle and carpool
- Use the recycling system provided
- Use the water fountains instead of buying bottled water. Most are equipped with bottle fillers so you can use your own reusable bottles
Have a great idea or want to get more involved in the Office of Sustainability at Humber College?