Wondering how to get involved with the Office of Sustainability? There are a few ways:
- Subscribe to our mailing list where we send information about our events, and put calls out for volunteers
- Contact us directly and ask a question
- Depending on the semester and the number of interested students, there may be a student sustainability club. Contact IGNITE to find out if there is a club running this school year!
Sustainability at home
Whether you live on or off-campus, there are many ways you can make your footprint more sustainable. Please consider:
- Making sure your windows are closed during the winter
- Turning off your lights and computers when not in use
- Keeping showers to a reasonable length of time: hot water creates a significant environmental footprint
- Public transit, cycling and carpooling
- Turn off lights and computers when not in use
- Use the recycling system provided
- Use the water fountains instead of buying bottled water. Most are equipped with bottle fillers so you can use your own reusable bottles
Have a great idea or want to get more involved in the Office of Sustainability at Humber College? Contact us!
Role: Sustainability Engagement and Events Intern (Paid internship)
We are looking for a Public Relations Certificate graduate to support the Office of Sustainability in our various capacities and to begin as soon as possible. The main responsibility is to continue the engagement of students, staff, and faculty, through our social media accounts (Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter), to coordinate our large events and assisting with event execution, such as our Fairtrade Campus Day and Humber Earth Week. Other responsibilities include but are not limited to, assembling communication packages, creating copy for publicity campaigns, researching and hosting booths at ongoing events and assisting with the development of social media campaigns. Sustainability knowledge and/or passion is an asset.
Contract period: Now - April 27th, 2018 with the possibility of extension.
Schedule: Monday through Friday 9am-5pm
Office Location: North Campus, D Building
Ready to apply? Email your Cover letter and resume to email@example.com