On October 10, the ILO and Strategic Planning teams invited faculty to the Lakeshore Campus for an intense day of brainstorming to develop Humber’s Institutional Learning Outcomes and 2018-2023 Strategic Plan.
The ILO session was opened by Vera Beletzan, Senior Special Advisor Essential Skills, and facilitated by the ILO Faculty team and Erik Lockhart from the Queens Executive Decision Centre. The Strategic Planning session was facilitated by Corrine Johnston, Director of Strategic Planning and Institutional Analysis and Gina Antonacci, Associate Vice-President Academic.
At this collaborative session, faculty discussed the following questions in support of our students’ success and Humber’s strategic direction.
- What do our graduates need to be successful in work and in life?
- What do our communities need from our graduates in order to thrive?
- What skills, competencies and values will define our graduates?
- What should our Institutional Learning Outcomes be?
- How do we create a transformative student experience?
- What kind of applied research and innovation should we engage in?
- What does / will living in a technological world mean for our institution / our students?
- How should we recruit and develop our people?
We received rich input from our faculty participants that will help drive the ILO framework forward. See the results from the session here.