ONLY MEMBERS CAN REGISTER FOR PROGRAMS; PLEASE BECOME A MEMBER HERE
Fall and Winter Program Description:
Launch Me workshops are aimed to help students and alumni receive the training and skills they need to take their business idea to the next level. There are three sections for the workshop series, with topics including the Lean Canvas, Business Plan development, and Effective Pitch training. These skills are directly related to the picth competition. The competition requirements include a completed application and business plan submission, and chosen finalists are expected to pitch to a panel of judges for an opportunity to receive a portion of, up to $20,000, in seed funding for their business. Community members can register for the Launch Me Worshop Series for a cost, but will not be eligible to take part in the pitch competition.
All workshops are led by Kevin Smith, an entrepreneur, an expert in startups. These workshops will give you the tools and skills you need to enter and excel in the competition. All workshops will be available online and can be accessed by Humber CfE Student and Alumni members. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for the Launch Me Online Workshops' information.
Please note: All workshops to be held virtually. Attendance to the Business Plan workshops are mandatory to enter the competition. Applicants must either attend workshops in person or view the videos online to be eligible to enter the competition.
2020-2021 Launch Me Competition Rules and Guidelines and Application information will be posted in future.
1) Lean Canvas Workshop Series
- Wednesday, October 7, 2020 at 3:00pm – 5:00pm
- Wednesday, October 14, 2020 at 3:00pm – 5:00pm
- Wednesday, October 21, 2020 at 3:00pm – 5:00pm
2) Business Plan Workshop Series
- Wednesday, November 18, 2020 from 3:00pm – 5:00pm
- Wednesday, November 25, 2020 from 3:00pm – 5:00pm
- Wednesday, December 2, 2020 from 3:00pm – 5:00pm
3) Effective Pitching Workshop Series
- Wednesday, Janurary 20, 2021 from 3:00pm – 5:00pm
- Wednesday, Janurary 227, 2021 from 3:00pm – 5:00pm
- Wednesday, Feburary 3, 2021 from 3:00pm – 5:00pm
Program is eligible to be part of co-curricular activities.
Participant must attend at least 6 of the 9 workshop sessions to qualify for CCR centificate. Pitch Competitors are not eligible to add Launch Me experience to their CCR.