ONLY MEMBERS CAN REGISTER FOR PROGRAMS; PLEASE BECOME A MEMBER HERE
Launch Me workshops are aimed to help students and alumni receive the training and skills they need to take their business idea to the next level. There are three sections for the workshop series, with topics including the Lean Canvas, Business Plan Development, and Business Pitch training. These skills are directly related to the competition. The competition requires a completed application and business plan submission, and chosen finalists are expected to pitch to a panel of judges for an opportunity to receive a portion of, up to $20,000, in seed funding for their business. Community members can register for the Launch Me Series for a cost, but will not be eligible to take part in the pitch competition.
All workshops are led by Kevin Smith, an entrepreneur, an expert in startups. These workshops will give you the tools and skills you need to enter and excel in the competition. All workshops will be available online shortly following the respective session dates below, to allow North Campus Students to participate. Registration is required to access the online portal.
Please note: All workshops to be held in room G304/305, at the CfE. Attendance to the Business Plan workshops are mandatory to enter the competition. Applicants must either attend workshops in person or view the videos online to be eligible to enter the competition.
The Launch Me application and rules and guidelines will be published momentarily.
1) Lean Canvas Workshop Series
- Wednesday, November 21st, 2018 at 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- Wednesday, November 28th, 2018 at 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- Wednesday, December 5th, 2018 at 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm
2) Business Plan Workshop Series
- Wednesday, January 16th, 2019 from 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- Wednesday, January 23rd, 2019 from 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- Wednesday, January 30th, 2019 from 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm
3) Pitching Workshop Series
- Wednesday, March 13th, 2019 from 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- Wednesday, March 20th, 2019 from 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- Wednesday, March 27th, 2019 from 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Program is eligible to be part of co-curricular activities.