Ontario Small Business Resources
On Thursday, June 10, 2021, Humber's Centre for Entrepreneurship (CfE) hosted Stan Cho, Member of Provincial Parliament (MPP) of Willowdale and Parliamentary Assistant to the Minsister of Finance, for a Q&A about small business supports in Ontario. Below you will find a list of resources that were mentioned throughout our discussion.
Click HERE to download the PDF version.
Small businesses looking to incorporate: How to incorporate a business corporation in Ontario.
COVID-19 Grants/Tax Credits: Get help with property taxes, energy bills and support for the impacts of COVID-19.
Business Resources: You can take care of all kinds of business online, from registering a business name to filing a small claim to getting a security guard licence.
Support (outside of funding) for entrepreneurs: Small Business Enterprise Centres (SBECs) offer entrepreneurs all the tools they need to start and grow their businesses.
Employment Ontario: Helping job seekers, workers and employers with advice, grants and other services around public and private sector employment.
Programs for Women: Learn about programs that can help low-income women and women experiencing violence and abuse gain new skills, new careers and new opportunities.
How to find grants: Find out what funding your organization could receive from the Ontario government and learn how to access with Transfer Payment Ontario.
City of Toronto Programs and Resources
- BusinessTO Support Centre: One-on-one virtual support to help businesses complete government assistance applications and navigate reopening.
- Digital Main Street: Support for businesses interested in going digital through resources, connections to trusted digital vendors, online learning and one-on-one virtual assistance.
- ShopHERE powered by Google: Assistance with setting up and launching a Shopify online store quickly, easily and at no cost.
- Business AdviceTO: Free online events to help entrepreneurs and leaders connect.
- Reopening Guidelines and Resources
- DonateTO: Make a difference in your community by donating or partnering with the City of Toronto.