What is the criteria for Canada Student Grants for Part-Time Students with Dependants?
This grant is addition to any grant you receive under the Canada Student Grant for Part-Time Studies. You could receive a maximum of $40 per week of study if you have 1 or 2 dependants; a maximum of $60 per week of study if you have 3 or more dependants; or, up to a maximum of $1,920 per school year.
- You are enrolled in a part-time degree, diploma, or certificate program (at least 12 weeks long within a period of 15 weeks in a row) at a designated post-secondary institution
- You have a dependant who will be under 12 years of age at the start of the study period (or a dependant 12 years of age or older with a permanent disability)
- You apply and qualify for part-time student financial assistance
- The province or territory where you have most recently lived for at least 12 months in a row assesses that you have enough financial need
- You and your spouse or common-law partner have a low family income as defined by the Canada Student Loans Program