Current Issues & Bugs:
The following are known issues with this feature in Blackboard Ultra. For workarounds and estimated fix timelines please refer to the Blackboard Ultra Issues and Workarounds document.
- Mashups: Flickr, SlideShare – Not Available in Ultra
- HTML Content – “Add HTML” function not available in Ultra. This means some embedded HTML content breaks when migrating from Original to Ultra.
- Embedding PowerPoint – Want to embed PowerPoint using a shared link, however the share option “anyone with the link at Humber can access” does not work and results in an error message.
In Blackboard Ultra, you can upload files directly to the Course Content area from a hard drive or from cloud storage.
To upload files:
- On the Course Content area, locate where you would like to upload file(s) and select the plus sign > Upload or Cloud Storage.
- Browse and select the desired files.
To edit the file:
- Select the ellipsis icon at the far right of the file name and select Edit from the menu. The File panel will open on the right.
- On the File panel, you can change the file name, make it visible/hidden to students, replace the file, or add a description.
To embed videos:
IMPORTANT: Do not upload video files to Blackboard. Blackboard does not stream videos well, and students will have issues with them. At Humber, instructors can share links or embed video that they upload to Panopto, or another streaming service (eg. YouTube, Vimeo).
- In any text editor in Blackboard Ultra, select Add Content (plus icon) > Media.
- In the Insert Media from Web window:
- Paste the web address for the video into the Media URL field. (Ensure your share settings are correctly set on the video you are sharing.)
- In Alternative text enter a short description of the video to support screen readers.
- When you are ready, select Insert.
- Add Content to the Course Content Page in Blackboard Learn with the Ultra Experience
– 3:04 min Blackboard Help video