This resource shows you how to copy a rubric from one Blackboard Ultra course to another. For help with moving rubrics from Blackboard Original, refer to Copying Rubrics from Original to Ultra.
At this time, there is no specific tool or process to copy rubrics between Ultra courses. However, the following demonstrates a simple and effective workaround of using an assignment as a vehicle that will bring the rubric with it.
To copy a rubric from one Ultra course to another:
- Copy an assignment that currently uses the rubric, or create a hidden assignment to use for copying your rubric. In this example, the assignment is called Rubric Copy.
- Ensure the rubric you want to copy is attached to the assignment.
- Go to the course where you want to copy the rubric.
- At the upper right of your Course Content area, select the More options for course content ellipse button (…) and select Copy Content.
- Search for the course where the rubric assignment resides. Select the rubric assignment and nothing else.
- Copy the rubric assignment. You may get some minor error messages during the copy process which you can ignore.
- Locate the rubric in the Gradebook Settings area, make a duplicate, and delete the original rubric. (Although this step is not mandatory, it will mitigate potential bugs with copied rubrics.)
- You can now delete the vehicle assignment from the content area if you don’t need it.