3You can add all types of content to your course. With a content item you can add content directly to Blackboard, making it visible to students without the need to download a file.
You can also choose to attach content as a file that students can download, such as lecture slides and documents.
To attach media files, refer to Adding Images, Audio, and Web Links.
To add a content item:
- On the menu, select Build Content and then select Item.
To create the Item:
- In the Name field, enter the name of the item.
- To change the colour of the name as it appears to students, select it in Color of Name.
- In the Text field, type or paste your content. You can then use the formatting toolbars to format the text.
There are two ways to attach a file:
- At the end of the toolbar, use the Add content button and select Insert Local Files to locate and upload a file from your computer. The file is inserted as a link within the body of the text.
- Under the Attachments area select Browse My Computer to locate and upload a file from your computer. With this method, after the file has been successfully attached, the file name will be listed below.
- If you want to remove a file from the list, select Do not attach and it will be removed after you submit the item.
Under Standard Options you can change visibility and tracking options:
- To allow students to view this item, set Permit Users to View this Content to Yes. If you want to limit the visibility to specific dates and times, set the Select Date and Time Restrictions described below.
- If you want to run a report on the item to see how many times students have accessed the item, set Track Number of Views to Yes.
- Select Date and Time Restrictions limits when a student is able to see the item. For the dates to be effective, select the checkbox to the left of Display After and Display Until. Ensure Permit Users to View this Content is set to Yes for these dates to be applied.
- Select Submit when you are satisfied with the settings.