A Custom group allows you to assign students in your course to groups of your choice. You can create a single, custom group or as many groups as you want, with any number of students in each group.
To create a custom group:
- Under Details & Actions > Course Groups, select Create and Manage groups.
- On the Course Groups page, to create a new group select New Group Set.
- The groups page will open up. Select the pencil icon to edit the name of the group.
- Select the Group students menu > Custom.
- To assign students to groups, select each student’s name one after the other to select them as a group. Select a student’s name again to remove the selection. The box of the selected students will turn black.
- After you select the students, select the 3 dots to open the menu next to one of their names and select Create a new group. You can also move multiple students to a group listed in the menu.
- Optional: Edit the default group name and/or add a group description.
- Repeat steps 5-7 until all your students have been placed into a group. Select Save when you have finished.
- Create Course Groups in the Ultra Course View – 2:02 min Blackboard Help video