Students are randomly assigned to the number of groups you choose. You need at least four students so the system can randomly assign students to at least two groups.
To create a custom group:
- Under Details & Actions > Course Groups, select Create and Manage groups.
- On the Course Groups page, to create a new group select New Group Set.
- The groups page will open up. Select the pencil icon to edit the name of the group.
- Select the Group students menu > Custom.
- In the Number of groups menu, select how many groups you want to create (the number of groups will differ depending on how many students you have in your course). Students will be equally distributed to each group.
- Optional: Edit the default group name and/or add a group description.
- Select Save when you have finished.
- Create Course Groups in the Ultra Course View – 2:02 min Blackboard Help video