Respondus is a licensed third-party tool you can use to create tests. You can create test from scratch or import test files from software like Microsoft Word. After you create your test, you can then export it in a format that you can import into Blackboard.
Requesting a Respondus license and installation file
To get access to Humber’s licensed version of Respondus, complete this Respondus Request Form and you will receive installation instructions via email. Be sure to use your Humber email.
Respondus is compatible only with the Windows operating system. For our non-Windows users (e.g. Mac, Linux, Chromebook), there are a few free web-based test generators, such as our favourite: Oklahoma Christian University’s Blackboard Test Generator. For a tutorial on how to create question banks using the Oklahoma Test Generator, please refer to this video.
- Creating a Respondus Compatible Multiple-Choice Test
- Publishing Tests from Respondus to Blackboard
- Web-based Test Generator – A tool provided by Oklahoma Christian University
- RESPONDUS: Converting a Word Document to a Blackboard Test (37 minute past webinar recording)
- Respondus website with various help videos