It is now possible to migrate most HTML content into Blackboard Ultra. HTML files can successfully be migrated to Blackboard Ultra. These are standalone HTML pages and/or pages that have a “mini-website” structure that have been added to Blackboard Original as Files (and not an Item or Blank Page). We have created resources to support instructors as they migrate their HTML pages:
- Considerations for Moving HTML content in Ultra using UCP method
- Moving HTML Pages from Blackboard Original to Ultra
- Frequently Asked Questions about HTML
There are still some types of HTML content that do not migrate well. These can be broken down into two categories:
Category 1: “Embedded” HTML that will migrate well only after April 22nd, 2022 (when the “Add HTML” feature becomes active in Blackboard Ultra). This includes content such as:
- Code added using the “Source code” function in Blackboard Original’s content editor, typically found in an Original Item or an Original Blank Page. For example:
- Video embed codes (YouTube, Vimeo)
- Embedded Twitter content
- Embedded Google content
- Other digital tools that provide embed codes (e.g. H5P, Padlet)
- Custom styling using CSS
Category 2: “Embedded” HTML that will not migrate well to Blackboard Ultra. Some of these have solutions, and some may never work because they are not supported in Ultra: These include:
|The ability for instructors to update HTML (the “Edit in Blackboard” feature for HTML pages isn’t supported in Ultra).||– Download the file from Tools > Content Collection
– Make changes locally (using a plain text/code editor)
– Zip the file – Go to the Content Collection within your course (not Tools > Content Collection)
– Upload to Blackboard as a Zip Package (NOT as a file) and select option to overwrite file
|Complex tables (with merged cells) will not display correctly in Ultra.
|No workaround: complex tables with merged cells are currently not supported in the Ultra content editor.
However, once the “Add HTML” feature is enabled, it would be possible to add a more complex table using HTML.
|Original Blank Pages will not copy over into Ultra.||No workaround: Original Blank Pages are not supported in Ultra.|