As an instructor you can record your sessions for your students to access whenever they need them. Recordings capture the audio, video, chat in the Everyone channel, and any content that is shared during a session. Recordings also capture any real time captions or subtitles available during the session.
- Private messages and chat messages in breakout groups are not recorded.
- You can’t pause recordings, but you can have multiple recordings during one session. Each time you start and stop recording, a new recording is saved and added to the list of recordings for that session. If you want to join them together you will need to use Panopto.
- When you launch breakout groups, if nobody remains in the Main Room, recording is stopped. TIP: To avoid this, instructors can use the guest link to create a second session in a different tab or browser and leave that participant in the Main Room.
- For additional privacy, you may choose to select Anonymize chat message when creating your session.
- Students can access recordings in Blackboard Collaborate Ultra if it is visible on the course menu.
- You can share recordings with a link. Each recording has a separate link.
- If you plan to download recordings as an MP4 (for example to import them into Panopto), you must select the option to allow downloads in Session Settings before you start the session. Otherwise you will not be able to download them.
- Depending on the size of your recording, and the demand on the servers, your recording may take a few minutes to a couple of hours to become available.
To record the session:
- In the upper left corner of your session, select the Open Session Menu tab.
- Select Start Recording.
A recording camera symbol appears with a red dot while recording is in progress.
- To finish recording select the Open Session Menu tab and select Stop Recording.
How do I find the recordings?
Depending on the size of your recording, and the demand on the servers, your recording may take a few minutes to a couple of hours to become available.
- To locate your recordings, go to the Blackboard Collaborate Ultra window.
- In the upper-left corner, select the Menu and select Recordings.
- Sharing your Blackboard Collaborate Recording
- Download recordings and transcripts
- Modifying Session Settings in Collaborate Ultra