i-TESOL – Custom Training for International English Teachers
July 3 – 25, 2020
Location: Humber Lakeshore Campus
With the i-TESOL Training for International English Teachers, the English Language Centre offers a customized intensive professional development program for English teachers to improve their teaching and English skills concurrently. The program will focus on student-centred teaching for 21st century language learners with an emphasis on practical teaching techniques and communicative needs. Participants will gain hands-on experience in course design, the application of technology, and assessment through interactive and reflective sessions. Upon successful completion of the courses, participants will receive a Certificate of Participation awarded by Humber College, Canada.
You’ll learn how to:
- Select, adapt or design diverse material, activities, techniques and resources for individual learning goals and courses’ objectives;
- Design a series of lessons with an awareness of different needs, learning styles, learners’ backgrounds and previous learning experiences;
- Use a variety of teaching technologies to motivate learners and support learning effectiveness;
- Create developmentally appropriate assessment for different purposes;
- And more!
This program is right for you if:
- You are looking for a practical, student-centered teaching approach for 21st century language learners, with an emphasis on communicative needs;
- You want the opportunity for classroom observation and teaching assisting;
- You want a focus on conversational English practice and an authentic materials project evaluation.
What will you be able to do after this course?
- Prepare, plan and effectively teach EFL learners;
- Demonstrate professional proficiency as teachers through hands-on experience;
- Reflect upon own teaching strengths and weaknesses in different teaching situations.
This is a special Global Summer School program offering and you can learn more about i-TESOL here.