July 3 - 25, 2020
Location: Humber Lakeshore Campus
Do you connect with friends on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube or Twitter? Do you read reviews on social media before checking out a company in-person? Do you ever wonder why online advertising seems to read your mind? Social media is reshaping our communication on every personal and professional level!
Stay ahead of the digital marketing curve and learn the fundamental skills needed to stay competitive in your desired industry with the Social Media course, in conjunction with Business Academy Aarhus. By using hands-on experience, this course will give you the required expertise to plan, execute, and monitor social media strategies, with the tools industry leaders are already using.
You’ll learn how to:
- Determine social media best practices for any organization or brand;
- Use social media platforms for online branding, storytelling, and community building;
- Gather and interpret social media analytics and increase SEO;
- Develop a digital content strategy for a real-life industry client in Toronto;
- And more!
This program is right for you if:
- You’re looking for a hands-on experience with opportunities to meet professionals from social media platforms such as LinkedIn, Facebook, and Google*;
- You’re open to a collaborative, peer-to-peer, 24/7 culture that is essential to social media success;
- You’re ready to work in a group setting that will expand your digital marketing knowledge.
What will you be able to do after this course?
- Define social media and why it’s crucial in a communication strategy, no matter what industry or geography;
- Identify social media communities and stakeholders across platforms, and create tailored industry-specific content;
- Evaluate the benefits and limitations of SEO tactics;
- Create a social media strategy for any organization or brand.
*subject to availability.