Create an Employee Time Card
Learn how to perform this action in the HRMS.
A Guided Learning (GL) flow exists for this lesson. To learn this lesson within the system, follow the steps below:
1. Log into HRMS and click on the GL widget.
2. From the GL widget, use the search box to find “Create an Employee Time Card (Time Card Editor)” flow.
For detailed information regarding this lesson, you can also review the steps below which outline the process flow steps plus additional information.
1. Sign into the HRMS using your single sign-on ID and password.
2. Click Me.
3. Click Manage Time Cards – Delegate.
4. The Time Management Dashboard provides a summary of the team’s time card statuses.
4.1 Select the From Date and the To Date and status of the time cards will appear based on the selected date range.
4.2 Click on each status to view the details of time cards.
4.3 Click Team Time Cards on the left side to create and edit time cards.
5. Click Team Time Cards
6. Click on + to add time.
Note: A Create Time Card window pops up.
7. Enter name in the following format: Last name, First name.
8. Select the date on the calendar.
9. Click OK.
Note: You will be directed to the Manage Time Cards screen.
10. Choose the Assignment Number from the drop-down menu.
Note: This page allows you to enter time for multiple assignments (if applicable). For example, if you need to enter time for your second assignment, you can select the next row to add hours for that assignment.
11. Select the Payroll Time Type.
Note: This page allows you to enter more than one different time type based on employee eligibility. For example, you can enter the regular hours on the first row, and any applicable exceptions on the next row.
12. Enter the ‘Start’ and the ‘Stop’ times for the payroll time types entered.
Important: Enter a time in the same format as this example: 3:45 PM.
13. Click on Next.
Note: Meal breaks will be automatically deducted and shown in the Calculated Time area.
Meal breaks will be automatically deducted. After 5 hours of continuous work, 30 minutes will be deducted. After 7 hours of continuous work, 1 hour will be deducted.
14. Review the Time Card entries.
15. Click Submit.
16. Click OK.