Schedule Maintenance – NFT Instructor Contract with Differed Hours
Learn how to perform this action in the HRMS.
A Guided Learning (GL) flow exists for this lesson. To learn this lesson within the system, follow the steps below:
1. Log into HRMS and click on the GL widget.
2. From the GL widget, use the search box to find “Schedule Maintenance-NFT Instructor Contract with Differed Hours (Time Card Editor)” flow.
For detailed information regarding this lesson, you can also review the steps below which outline the process flow steps plus additional information.
1. Sign into HRMS using your single sign-on ID and password.
2. Click Me.
3. Click Manage Time Cards – Delegate.
3.1 The Time Management Dashboard provides a summary of the team’s time card statuses.
3.2 Select the From Date and the To Date and status of the time cards will appear based on the selected date range.
3.3 Click on each status to view the details of time cards.
3.4 Click Team Time Cards on the left side to create and edit time cards.
4. Click Team Time Cards.
5. Click + to add time.
Note: A Create Time Card window pops up.
6. Enter name in the following format: Last name, First name.
7. Select the date on the calendar you are entering or reducing hours for.
8. Click OK.
Note: You are directed to the Manage Time Cards screen.
9. Choose the Assignment Number from the drop-down menu.
Note: This page allows you to enter time for multiple assignments (if applicable). For example, if you need to enter time for your second assignment, you can select the next row to add hours for that assignment.
10. Select the Payroll Time Type.
Note: This page allows you to enter more than one different time type based on employee eligibility. For example, you can enter the regular hours on the first row, and any applicable exceptions on the next row.
Important: If an NFT instructor is working more hours than indicated on their contract, you will have to add hours with the Regular Hourly Payroll Time Type. To reduce hours for an NFT Instructor, you will have to deduct from the standard weekly hour with the Unpaid Leave Payroll Time Element.
For example, if the contract states 6 hours per week and in week 9, the instructor is working 2 hours, select Unpaid Leave to reduce the 4 hours. Unpaid Leave will auto approve.
11. Enter the Start and the Stop times for the payroll time types entered.
Important: Enter a time in the same format as this example: 3:45 PM. Add the start and stop time of the difference from the standard weekly hours and add a daily comment to indicate Unpaid Leave – off schedule hours. Instructors will see the difference on their paystub as an Unpaid Leave.
Reading weeks scheduled as indicated on the academic calendar will be automatically placed on a “0” hour schedule. Managers and/or Delegates will create and approve the time card for hours worked during reading week.
12. Click Next.
13. Review the entries.
14. Click Submit.
15. Click OK.
Note: Approval process is not applicable to Time Card Editors
16. On the Time Management Dashboard, click Manage Time Cards.
17. Enter Person Name and/or Person Number.
18. Enter From Date and To Date.
19. Under Status field, select Submitted from the drop down.
20. Click Search.
21. Highlight the Time Card and click Approve.
Note: Only Managers and Delegates with Time Card Editor & Approval Role can approve time. Delegates with Time Card Editor Role, will not be able to approve time cards.
22. Click on Done in the top-right corner.