Record Absence on Time Card
Learn how to perform this action in the HRMS.
A Guided Learning (GL) flow exists for this lesson. To learn this lesson within the system, follow the steps below:
1. Log into HRMS and click on the GL widget.
2. From the GL widget, use the search box to find “Record Absence on Time Card (Time Card Editor)” flow.
For detailed information regarding this lesson, you can also review the steps below which outline the process flow steps plus additional information.
1. Sign into HRMS using your single sign-on ID and password.
2. Click Me.
3. Click Manage Time Cards-Delegate.
4. The Time Management Dashboard provides a summary of the team’s time card statuses.
4.1 Select the From Date and the To Date and status of the time cards will appear based on the selected date range.
4.2 Click on each status to view the details of time cards.
4.3 Click Team Time Cards on the left side to create and edit time cards.
5. Click Team Time Cards on the left side to create and edit time cards
6. Click + to add time.
Note: A Create Time Card window pops up
7. Enter name in the following format: Last Name, First Name.
8. Select the date on the calendar.
9. Click OK.
Note: You are directed to the Manage Time Cards screen.
10. Choose the Assignment Number from the drop-down list.
Note: This page allows you to enter time and/or absence hours for multiple assignments (if applicable). For example, if you need to enter time and/or absence for an employee’s second assignment, you can select the next row to enter Unpaid Leave hours for that assignment.
11. Select the Payroll Time Type.
Note: This page allows you to enter more than one different time type based on employee eligibility. For example, you can enter the Unpaid Leave hours on the first row, and any applicable exceptions on the next row.
12. Enter the Start and the Stop times for the payroll time types entered.
Important: Enter a time in the same format as this example: 3:45 PM.
13. Ensure to enter the reason of the absence in comments column at the right-hand side.
Note: Absence Comments can be recorded to track reasons for absences. In order to maintain confidentiality, only the below reasons should be used in the comment section.
Reasons for Unpaid Leave: Sick, Vacation and Off schedule hours
14. Click Next.
15. Click Submit.
16. Click OK for confirmation.
17. Click Done.