Report a Life Event
Learn how to perform this action in the HRMS.
An Oracle Guided Learning (OGL) flow exists for this lesson. To learn this lesson within the system, follow the steps below:
1. Log into HRMS and click on the blue Guided Learning (GL) tab, located on the right.
2. In the GL search box, type “Life Event Change – Birth of Adoption of a Child (Employee)” or “Life Event Change – Marital Status Change (Employee)”.
For detailed information regarding this lesson, please review the steps below which outline the guided learning steps plus additional information.
The purpose of this knowledge article is to show you how to record a life event.
1. Sign into Employee Direct Access (EDA) using your single sign-on ID and password.
2. Click on ‘Benefits’.
3. Click on ‘Report a Life Event’.
4. Select a life event:
‘Birth or adoption of a child’ – Event can only be processed if it is within the past 31 days
‘Marital Status Change’ – Enter the date of your marital status change.
5. Click on the calendar icon to select the date the event occurred.
6. Click ‘Continue’ to submit the life event.
7. Click the Humber logo to return to the Springboard.
8. Click ‘My Benefits Enrolment Form’.
9. Your Benefits Enrolment Form will open in a new window. Please follow the instructions outlined on the first page, and mail-in your completed, signed paper copy to complete the life event process.