Confirm if you are Required to Submit Your Time
Learn how to find your employment type to confirm if you are required to submit your time.
1. Sign in to the HRMS using your single sign-on ID and password.
2. On the springboard, click on ‘Me’.
3. Click on ‘Personal Information’.
4. Click on ‘Employment Info’.
5. Under the ‘Assignment’ section, take note of your Job and compare it to the section below.
Note: for part-time and contract employees, your Job indicates your employment/person type.
If your ‘Job’ is one of the following, you are automatically paid for regular hours and therefore DO NOT enter or submit regular hours on the time cards:
- NFT-Administration FT Temp Salary-4010000
- NFT-Continuing Education-5020001
- NFT-IGNITE – Staff-9020001
- NFT-Non-Full Time Professor-5070001
- NFT-PT Support – Appendix D-6030001
- NFT-Partial Load Professor-5080001
- NFT-Sessional Counsellor-5050002
- NFT-Sessional Librarian-5060002
- NFT-Sessional Professor-5090001
- NFT-Residence Life Coordinator-4010002
- Union Approved Appendix D-6300001
Note: In addition to the above employee types, all full-time academic employees, full-time support staff, full-time administrative staff and Program Coordinators are automatically paid for regular hours and therefore DO NOT enter or submit regular hours on the time cards. Full-time Support Staff and Appendix D employees are required to enter exception time only (e.g. overtime) on the HRMS.
If your ‘Job’ is one of the following, you are required to enter and submit your time worked within the HRMS before the time submission deadlines that are indicated on the payroll calendar:
- CPT-PT Support-6900003
- NFT-Administration PT Hourly-4010001
- NFT-Contract Training (Truckers/Motorcycle/Fire)-5030002
- NFT-Contract Training-5030001
- NFT-IGNITE – Elected-9030001
- NFT-Music Coaches-5040001
- NFT-Non-Full Time Counsellor-5050001
- NFT-Non-Full Time Librarian-5060001
- NFT-Student – Appendix G – WorkStudy-6050002
- NFT-Student – Appendix G-6050001
- Regular Part-Time Support – job starts with ‘RPT’
- Student Work-Work-Study-6400002
- Student Work-Non-Work-Study-6400001
- Temporary Part-Time Support – job starts with ‘TPT’
For further clarification on whether you are required to enter time, please confirm with your manager, or contact the HR Support Centre.
Learn how to Create a Time Card.
View the Payroll Calendar.
Overview of the Employee Groupings Matrix (Who does what on the HRMS).