Enter Exception Time
Learn how to enter overtime hours in a time card.
This knowledge article shows you how to enter exception time.
1. Sign into Employee Direct Access (EDA) using your single sign-on ID and password.
2. Click on ‘Time and Absence’.
3. Click the task pane on the right-hand side.
4. Click on ‘Manage Time Cards’.
Note: This page displays the time entries as entered, submitted, approved or rejected.
5. To enter your hours, click ‘+’ sign (create).
6. A ‘Create Time Card’ window pops up. Click on the day of the week and click ‘OK’.
7. Select the ‘Assignment Number’.
Note: This page allows employees to enter time for multiple assignments (if applicable). For example, if you need to enter time for your second assignment, you can select the next row to add hours for that assignment.
8. Select ‘Payroll Time Type’.
Note: This page allows employees to enter more than one different time type based on employee eligibility for exceptions. For example, you can enter overtime hours on the first row, and enter call back hours on the second row.
9. Enter the ‘Start’ and the ‘Stop’ times for the payroll time types entered.
Important: Enter the time in the same format as this example: 3:45 PM
10. Click on ‘Next’.
11. Click on ‘Submit’.
12. Click ‘OK’.
Frequently Asked Questions
If a full-time support employee worked 10:30-6:30, do they enter their overtime on the time card?
Exceptions are entered on a time card, this includes shift premium and any overtime incurred. Conversations between the manager and employee, regarding premiums or overtime, must still occur as in current practice.
Does the system capture specific on-call scenarios?
On-call is considered exception time and will be entered on to a time card as such. Please refer to your collective agreement regarding on-call and contact your HRBP for further clarification.