Benefits Changes due to Secondment
Learn how to perform this action in the HRMS.
2. Click on ‘Benefits Administration’ tab.
3. Click on the ‘Enrollment’ icon.
4. Enter ‘Effective as of Date’.
Note: This can be the same as the date of the new hire.
5. Enter ‘Name/Person Number’.
Note: Complete at least one field with a double asterisk (**).
6. Click on ‘Search’.
7. Under Search Results, click on ‘Name’ hyperlink of the employee.
Note: Ensure to click on the employee’s active assignment.
8. Benefits Service Centre will display.
Note: You will see Participant Benefits Summary, Life Events Summary divided into Life Events and Potential Life Events.
9. Click on ‘Tasks’ on the right side, under the Benefits Components task, and click on Benefits Relationship.’
Note: This task will be used to validate that the benefits are being driven by primary assignment.
10. If the incorrect assignment displays, update the assignment by doing the following:
11. Under Benefit Relationship, use the drop-down arrow under Edit to correct or update the record.
12. Click ‘Correct’.
Note: Selecting correct will override the original date that the assignment was changed. Selecting update will keep a history of the benefits relationship.
13. Under the Primary Assignment field, select the primary assignment.
14. Click ‘Save’.
15. The primary assignment will appear with a green check mark under the Relationship Assignment section.
16. Close out of the Benefits Relationship tab in order to go back to the Benefits Service Centre.