Request Approval for an Offer
Lesson for non full-time recruitment process
If required – follow the steps outlined below to request an approval for an offer.
This knowledge article will show you how to request approval for an offer.
1. Sign into HRMS using your single sign-on ID and password.
2. Click ‘Talent Acquisition’.
3. Click ‘Recruitment’.
4. Click ‘Recruiting’.
5. Click ‘Requisitions’ on top menu.
6. Search the requisition using various filters available on the left-hand panel.
7. Click ‘Apply Filters’.
8. Click on the hyperlink title of the requisition.
9. Click the number of Active Candidates on the left-hand side panel to display the list of applicants.
10. Click on the name of the candidate whose offer you are requesting approval for.
Note: Candidate ‘Step/Status’ should be ‘Offer/Draft’.
11. Click the ‘More Actions’ drop-down.
12. Click ‘Offers’ tab.
13. Click ‘More Actions’.
14. Select ‘Submit Offer for Approval’.
Note: The ‘Approver’ is the HR Generalist. If you need to add additional approvers, click ‘Add Approvers’ button.
15. Add comments in the ‘Comment to Approvers’ box.
For example: I have created the offer based on the discussions we had regarding salary and vacation. Please review the offer and let me know if any changes are required. Once the offer is approved, please go ahead and extend the offer.
16. Click ‘Submit for Approval’.
Note: The person you requested offer approval from will receive an email asking them to review and approve the offer. The candidate’s step/status will change to Offer/Approval in Progress.
Note: Once offer approval is requested, the HR Generalist will receive an email asking them to review and approve the offer. They will review the offer and if the information is correct, the HR Generalist will approve and extend the offer. The manager will receive an email indicating the offer was approved. The HR Generalist will then extend the offer to the candidate and the candidate will respond to the offer. Once the candidate responds, the manager will receive an email indicating whether the candidate accepted or rejected the offer.