Submit an Absence Record on Behalf of an Employee on My Team with Multiple Assignments, Secondments or working as a Program Coordinator
Learn how to perform this action in the HRMS.
An Oracle Guided Learning (OGL) flow exists for this lesson. To learn this lesson within the system, follow the steps below:
1. Log into HRMS and click on the blue Guided Learning (GL) tab, located on the right.
2. In the GL search box, type “Submit an Absence Record When on Multiple Assignments (Manager)”.
For detailed information regarding this lesson, please review the steps below which outline the guided learning steps plus additional information.
Please be advised – there is a Known Issue when executing this process.
Please click here to learn how to get around this issue.
This knowledge article will show you how to create an absence record on behalf of an employee with multiple assignments.
1. Sign into Managers Direct Access (MDA) using your single sign-on ID and password.
2. Click on the ‘My Team’ tab.
3. Click ‘My Team’.
4. Find the respective employee and click the three dots ‘(…)’ next to their name.
5. Click ‘Add Absence’.
6. Select absence ‘Type’ from the drop-down.
Note: Depending on the Absence Type selected, a ‘Reason’ may need to be included. Sample reasons for a sick leave may include “Care for immediate family,” and “Personal Illness or Injury”.
7. Click ‘Edit Entries’.
8. Click ‘Add’.
9. Click the calendar icon to select the absence date.
Note: Duration will default to Full day. Click on the drop-down to select Half day, if needed.
10. Click the ‘Assignment’ dropdown to select the correct assignment name.
Note: You must select the correct active assignment against the absence type submission. If the employee has multiple assignments, select the assignment for which you are entering the absence against.
11. Confirm the total absence duration is 1 day, and click ‘OK’.
Note: If you need to submit another day for the leave, repeat steps 8-10.
12. Select a Reason (if applicable) from the dropdown menu.
Note: Please make sure the total days of the leave is accurate before you submit the absence.
13. Click ‘Submit’.