Submit an Absence Record on Behalf of an Employee on My Team
Learn how to perform this action in the HRMS.
An Oracle Guided Learning (OGL) flow exists for this lesson. To learn this lesson within the system, follow the steps below:
1. Log into HRMS and click on the blue Guided Learning (GL) tab, located on the right.
2. In the GL search box, type “Submit an Absence Record (Manager)”.
For detailed information regarding this lesson, please review the steps below which outline the guided learning steps plus additional information.
This knowledge article will show you how to submit an absence request through HRMS.
STOP – If your employee has multiple assignments, a secondment position, or is a Program Coordinator, you must follow the steps outlined in this KB Article to learn how to submit an absence on their behalf.
1. Sign into Manager Direct Access (MDA) using your single sign-on ID and password.
2. Click on ‘My Team’ tab on the Springboard.
3. Click on ‘My Team’ icon.
4. Find the employee and click on ‘(…)’ on the right-hand side of his or her name.
5. Click ‘Add Absence’.
6. Select an absence ‘Type’ from the list.
Note: Depending on the Absence Type selected, a ‘Reason’ may need to be included. Sample reasons for a sick leave may include “Care for immediate family,” and “Personal Illness or Injury”.
7. Select ‘Start Date’ by clicking on the calendar icon.
8. Select ‘End Date’.
9. Select ‘Start Date Duration’.
Note: Half or full day must be selected from the drop-down.
10. Select ‘End Date Duration’.
Note: Half or full day must be selected from the drop-down if the End Date differs from the Start Date.
11. Confirm duration is accurate under the ‘Absence Duration’ heading.
12. Select a ‘Reason’ (if applicable) and add a comment.
13. Click ‘Submit’.