Review, Update and Withdraw an Absence Record on Behalf of an Employee
Learn how to perform this action in the HRMS.
An Oracle Guided Learning (OGL) flow exists for this lesson. To learn this lesson within the system, follow the steps below:
1. Log into HRMS and click on the blue Guided Learning (GL) tab, located on the right.
2. In the GL search box, type “Update an Absence Record (Manager)” or “Delete Absence Record (Manager)”.
For detailed information regarding this lesson, please review the steps below which outline the guided learning steps plus additional information.
A step-by-step overview video exists for this lesson. Please take a few minutes to watch it now.
The purpose of this knowledge article is to show you how to view and make changes to absence records on behalf of an employee on your team.
1. Sign into Manager Direct Access (MDA) using your single sign-on ID and password.
2. Click on ‘My Team’ tab on the Springboard.
3. Click on ‘My Team’ icon.
4. Find the employee and click on ‘(…)’ on the right-hand side of his or her name.
5. Select ‘Manage Absence Records’.
6. All the absences for the employee can be viewed on this page.
Note: All absences from the last 6 months will be displayed by default. A filter can be placed on ‘Dates,’ ‘Absence Type’ and ‘Status’.
To review and update an absence:
7. To Update an absence, click the absence record under ‘Dates’.
Note: Depending on the Absence Type selected, a ‘Reason’ may need to be included. Sample reasons for a sickleave may include “Care for immediate family,” and “Personal Illness or Injury”.
8. Update any required and optional fields.
Note: Mandatory fields are denoted by an asterisk (*).
9. Click on ‘Submit’.
10. Click on ‘OK’.
Note: An absence record for the employee is updated.
To withdraw an absence:
7. To Delete an absence, under ‘Delete’ click the ‘X’.
Note: A completed absence request can only withdrawn by HR. The absence record will be withdrawn, but still appear in the absence history.
8. Click on ‘Yes’.