Review, Update and Withdraw an Absence Record on Behalf of an Employee
Learn how to perform this action in the HRMS.
An Oracle Guided Learning (OGL) flow exists for this lesson. To learn this lesson within the system, follow the steps below:
1. Log into HRMS and click on the blue Guided Learning (GL) tab, located on the right.
2. In the GL search box, type “Update an Absence Record (Manager)” or “Delete Absence Record (Manager)”.
For detailed information regarding this lesson, please review the steps below which outline the guided learning steps plus additional information.
The purpose of this knowledge article is to show you how to view and make changes to absence records on behalf of an employee on your team.
1. Sign into Manager Direct Access (MDA) using your single sign-on ID and password.
2. Click on ‘My Team’ tab on the Springboard.
3. Click on ‘My Team’ icon.
4. Find the employee and click on ‘(…)’ on the right-hand side of his or her name.
5. Click ‘Existing Absences’.
6. All the absences for the employee can be viewed on this page.
Note: All absences from the last 6 months will be displayed by default; click the dropdown menu to view older absence records.
To update or withdraw an absence:
7. To Update an absence, click on the pencil icon to the right of the absence.
8. Update any required and optional fields.
Note: Mandatory fields are denoted by an asterisk (*).
9. Click on ‘Submit’ to submit your changes or click ‘Delete’ to withdraw the absence.
Note: A completed absence request can only withdrawn by HR. The absence record will be withdrawn, but still appear in the absence history.
10. The absence request will now appear as Withdrawn.