Contact Unsuccessful Candidate
Lesson for full-time recruitment process
If required – follow the steps outlined below to contact unsuccessful candidate.
A step-by-step overview video exists for this lesson. Please take a few minutes to watch it now.
1. Sign into Manager Direct Access (MDA) using your single sign-on ID and password.
2. Click ‘Talent Acquisition’.
3. Click ‘Recruitment’.
Note: A new window will open. If using Chrome, download Adobe Flash.
4. Click ‘Recruiting’ under Centres.
5. Click the drop-down arrow to the left of the search bar to ‘View the Search Options’.
6. Click ‘Requisitions’.
Note: The person icon will now change into a document icon, indicating that you are searching by requisitions rather than by candidates.
7. Type in the name of the requisition or the requisition number in the ‘Search Requisition’ field.
8. Click ‘Enter’.
9. Click the number to the left of the requisition title to display the list of applicants.
10. Click the check-box beside the names of the external candidates who were interviewed but not selected.
11. Click ‘More Actions’.
12. Select ‘Send Correspondence’.
13. Select ‘From Template’.
14. Click the icon for ‘Open the selector’.
15. Click ‘Select’ next to the correspondence titled “Interview – Candidate is Unsuccessful”.
16. Click ‘Next’.
17. Review the message and ensure it is complete.
18. Click ‘Send’.