Requesting Approval for an Offer
Lesson for full-time recruitment process
Learn how to request an approval for an offer within the HRMS.
A step-by-step overview video exists for this lesson. Please take a few minutes to watch it now.
Once the manager has requested approval of an offer, the HR Coordinator/Generalist will review the offer. If the offer is approved, the HR Coordinator/Generalist will extend the offer to the candidate.
The manager will receive an email indicating when HR has approved the offer. As soon as an offer is approved, it will be extended to the candidate by HR.
Managers and Delegates DO NOT extend offers. If a manager or delegate clicks on ‘Extend Offer’ in HRMS, the candidate will not actually receive the offer.
1. Sign into Manager Direct Access (MDA) using your single sign-on ID and password
2. Click ‘Talent Acquisition’
3. Click ‘Recruitment’
Note: A new window will open. *If using Chrome, download Adobe Flash
4. Click ‘Recruiting’ under Centres
5. Click the drop-down arrow to the left of the search bar to ‘View the Search Options’
6. Click ‘Requisitions’
Note: The person icon will now change into a document icon, indicating that you are searching by requisitions rather than by candidates.
7. Type in the name of the requisition or the requisition number in the ‘Search Requisition’ field
8. Click ‘Enter’
9. Click the number to the left of the requisition title to display the list of applicants
10. Click on the name of the candidate who’s offer you are requesting approval for
Note: Candidate ‘Step/Status’ should be ‘Offer/Draft’
11. Click ‘Offers’ tab
12. Click ‘More Actions’
13. Select ‘Request Approval’
Note: The ‘Approver’ is the HR Generalist. If you need to add additional approvers, click ‘Add Approvers’ in the bottom left corner
14. Add comments in the ‘Comments’ box
Note: For example, I have created the offer based on the discussions we had regarding salary and vacation. Please review the offer and let me know if any changes are required. Once the offer is approved, please go ahead and extend the offer.
15. Click ‘Done’
Note: The person you requested offer approval from will receive an email asking them to review and approve the offer. The candidate’s step/status will change to Offer/Approval in Progress.
Note: Once offer approval is requested, the HR Generalist will receive an email asking them to review and approve the offer. They will review the offer and if the information is correct, the HR Generalist will approve and extend the offer. The manager will receive an email indicating the offer was approved. The HR Generalist will then extend the offer to the candidate and the candidate will respond to the offer. Once the candidate responds, the manager will receive an email indicating whether the candidate accepted or rejected the offer.