Requesting Approval for an Offer
Lesson for full-time recruitment process
Learn how to request an approval for an offer within the HRMS.
Once the manager has requested approval of an offer, the HR Coordinator/Generalist will review the offer. If the offer is approved, the HR Coordinator/Generalist will extend the offer to the candidate.
The manager will receive an email indicating when HR has approved the offer. As soon as an offer is approved, it will be extended to the candidate by HR.
Managers and Delegates DO NOT extend offers. If a manager or delegate clicks on ‘Extend Offer’ in HRMS, the candidate will not actually receive the offer.
1. Sign into Manager Direct Access (MDA) using your single sign-on ID and password.
2. Click ‘Talent Acquisition’.
3. Click ‘Recruitment’.
4. Click ‘Requisitions’.
5. Type in the name of the requisition in the ‘Requisition Title’ field.
Note: Quick Filters can be used to complete an advanced search.
– Use the filtering options on the left side of screen to filter requisitions.
– Requisitions can be filtered by ownership, status (active/inactive, draft, pending, open, etc.), primary location, job field, and requisition title.
6. Click ‘Enter’.
7. Click the number to the left of the requisition title to display the list of applicants.
8. Click on the name of the candidate whose offer you are requesting approval for.
Note: Candidate ‘Step/Status’ should be ‘Offer/Draft’.
9. Click ‘Offers’ tab.
10. Click ‘More Actions’.
11. Select ‘Submit for Approval’.
Note: The ‘Approver’ is the HR Generalist. If you need to add additional approvers, click ‘Add Approvers’ .
12. Add comments in the ‘Comments’ box.
Note: For example, I have created the offer based on the discussions we had regarding salary and vacation. Please review the offer and let me know if any changes are required. Once the offer is approved, please go ahead and extend the offer.
Note: The person you requested offer approval from will receive an email asking them to review and approve the offer. The candidate’s step/status will change to Offer/Approval in Progress.
Note: Once offer approval is requested, the HR Generalist will receive an email asking them to review and approve the offer. They will review the offer and if the information is correct, the HR Generalist will approve and extend the offer. The manager will receive an email indicating the offer was approved. The HR Generalist will then extend the offer to the candidate and the candidate will respond to the offer. Once the candidate responds, the manager will receive an email indicating whether the candidate accepted or rejected the offer.