Create and Edit an Offer
Lesson for non full-time recruitment process
Learn how to create and edit an offer within the HRMS.
Once the manager has requested approval of an offer, the HR Coordinator/Generalist will review the offer. If the offer is approved, the HR Coordinator/Generalist will extend the offer to the candidate.
The manager will receive an email indicating when HR has approved the offer. As soon as an offer is approved, it will be extended to the candidate by HR.
Managers and Delegates DO NOT extend offers. If a manager or delegate clicks on ‘Extend Offer’ in HRMS, the candidate will not actually receive the offer.
1. Sign into Manager Direct Access (MDA) using your single sign-on ID and password.
2. Click ‘Talent Acquisition’.
3. Click ‘Recruitment’.
Note: A new window will open. If using Chrome, download Adobe Flash.
4. Click ‘Legacy Recruiting’ under Quick Access.
5. Click the drop-down arrow for ‘View the Search Options’.
6. Click ‘Requisitions’.
Note: The person icon will now change into a document icon.
7. Type in the name of the requisition or the requisition number in the ‘Search Requisition’ field.
8. Click ‘Enter’.
9. Click the number to the left of the requisition title to display the list of applicants.
10. Click on the name of the candidate for whom you are creating an offer.
Note: Candidate ‘Step/Status’ should be ‘Offer/Offer to be made’
11. Click ‘More Actions’.
12. Click ‘Create Offer’.
13. Hover under ‘Requisition’ in the ‘Requisitions’ column and click the icon for ‘Copy values from Requisition to Offer’ to populate the information on the offer from the requisition.
14. Under the ‘Offer’ column, enter the required fields.
Note: Refer to the ‘Offer Matrix’ document which outlines which fields are required on the offer for each hire scenario type.
Note: For assistance in searching for the required rate grid/payband, refer to the following FAQ for instructions: How can I filter to find the rate grid/payband on an offer?
15. If you need to pay an hourly rate that is not on the rate grid (for a PT Support or PT Admin contract only), refer to the following FAQ for instructions: How do I pay off the rate grid for a contract?
16. Click ‘Save and Close’.
17. To edit the drafted offer, click ‘Edit’ and make the required changes.
18. Click ‘Save and Close’.