Requesting Approval for an Offer
Lesson for non full-time recruitment process
If required – follow the steps outlined below to request approval for an offer.
Once the manager has requested approval of an offer, the HR Coordinator/Generalist will review the offer. If the offer is approved, the HR Coordinator/Generalist will extend the offer to the candidate.
The manager will receive an email indicating when HR has approved the offer. As soon as an offer is approved, it will be extended to the candidate by HR.
Managers and Delegates DO NOT extend offers. If a manager or delegate clicks on ‘Extend Offer’ in HRMS, the candidate will not actually receive the offer.
1. Sign into Manager Direct Access (MDA) using your single sign-on ID and password.
2. Click ‘Talent Acquisition’.
3. Click ‘Recruitment’.
Note: A new window will open. If using Chrome, download Adobe Flash.
4. Click ‘Legacy Recruiting’ under Quick Access.
5. Click the drop-down arrow for ‘View the Search Options’.
6. Click ‘Requisitions’.
Note: The person icon will now change into a document icon.
7. Type in the name of the requisition or the requisition number in the ‘Search Requisition’ field.
8. Click ‘Enter’.
9. Click the number to the left of the requisition title to display the list of applicants.
10. Click on the name of the candidate for whose offer you are requesting approval.
Note: Candidate ‘Step/Status’ should be ‘Offer/Draft’.
11. Click ‘Offers’ tab.
12. Click ‘More Actions’.
13. Select ‘Request Approval’.
Note: The ‘Approver’ is the HR Generalist or HR Coordinator. If you need to add additional approvers, click ‘Add Approvers’ in the bottom left corner.
14. Add comments in the ‘Comments’ box.
For example: I have created the offer based on the discussions we had regarding salary. Please review the offer and let me know if any changes are required. Once the offer is approved, please go ahead and extend the offer.
15. Click ‘Done’.