How can we help?

On this page you will find process related information & communications, helpful tips & tricks, FAQs and more. To get started, use the search box below to search for a topic you would like information on or simply select a category below, from the left navigation bar.

Learn how to perform an action within HRMS | Administrative Forms | HR Support Centre

Will Humber be providing T2200 forms to employees who are working from home in 2021?

The COVID-19 pandemic continues to be challenging and as such many Humber employees have had to continue to work from home to help minimize the spread of the virus.  As employees, you may be able to claim certain home office expenses and can be claimed towards your 2021 tax returns.

The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) has put together guidelines for employees who have worked from home during Covid-19.  Please refer to the CRA – Expenses you can claim website for more information.

Please refer to the Humber College Communique – Home Office Expenses for 2021 that provides information on how to claim employee reimbursements related to out-of-pocket expenses while working from home.  Any employee reimbursements related to home office expenses for 2021 should be charged to account code 7057 and use commodity code 577.  Managers will need to approve the request prior to submitting it to Finance to initiate the request.

There are two methods Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) has developed on how to claim expenses for work-space-in-the home expenses.

Temporary Flat Rate Method

This method does not require you to obtain a Form T2200S from Humber College or maintain documented receipts to validate your claim. Using this method, you can claim up to a maximum of $500 in expenses for the 2021 calendar year.

Detailed Method

This method requires you to submit a T2200S Form.  The T2200S Form will need to be requested by contacting your Manager no later than February 3, 2022, for the 2021 calendar year expenses.

To learn more about the different methods on how to claim for work-space-in-the-home expenses, please visit the CRA – Compare the claim methods website.

For additional questions or to request a T2200 form, please contact