Robert A. Gordon Leadership Award
This award is designed to recognize one (1) full-time employee who has demonstrated high levels of leadership that enhances the reputation of Humber or the University of Guelph-Humber, both internally and externally, in accordance with their institution’s mission, values and goals.
All Humber College/University of Guelph-Humber staff members who have been employed on a full-time basis for a period of four (4) years or more are eligible for this award. An employee is eligible to receive this award only once.
The Humber/Guelph-Humber full-time employee nominated for this award will have exhibited high levels of leadership enhancing the reputation of their institution, both internally and externally, in accordance with Humber/University of Guelph-Humber’s mission, values and goals.
- By gaining respect and credibility with colleagues at Humber/University of Guelph-Humber for such activities, and with external constituents and contacts
- In recognition of distinguished leadership, vision, and the vital role as catalyst for positive change and achievement in the Humber/University of Guelph-Humber community, as well as the broader society
- By demonstrating leadership through a work ethic and behaviour that focusses on our core values (Courage, Innovation, Equity, Health & Well-Being and Sustainability)
- By demonstrating leadership in support of student learning while remaining committed to equity, diversity and inclusion
- Contributes to their institution’s mission through committee work, consultations, teaching, administration, special projects, publications, or other worthy endeavours
It is recommended that as many external sources as possible be referenced in order to gain a good perspective on those individuals who are perceived as enhancing the reputation of Humber/University of Guelph-Humber and providing leadership for educational activities for, and on behalf of, their institution.
The College President, on behalf of the Board of Governors, makes the selection for this award.
The award recipient will receive the following:
- A plaque recognizing leadership