Watch this video before booking a Peer Tutoring session!
Peer Tutoring is available for free to all Humber and Guelph-Humber students. You must be currently enrolled in the course(s) for which you are requesting tutoring.
Tutoring for the Fall 2023 semester begins on Monday, September 18, 2023.
- Meet a Peer Tutor on campus for an in person tutoring session.
- Work online in our virtual space through real-time audio, video, chat, and whiteboard.
- Students can request group tutoring for up to 5 people. Requests must be sent 48 hours in advance by messaging the Course Tutor via Upswing. Requests are up to the Tutor for approval.
Book a Peer Tutoring Appointment
Log into Upswing, our online booking platform, using your Humber credentials to schedule in person or online tutoring sessions.
Note: University Guelph-Humber Students: Please do not log in with your GH information. Please use your Humber username and password. Don't know your log in? Reach out to the IT Support Centre for this information here: https://its.humber.ca/it-support-centre
Please click link above if you don’t see your course listed on Upswing.
Upswing Information and Important Tips
- Please use this link for a a step-by-step guide to use Upswing and book an appointment with a Peer Tutor.
- If you do not see your course listed, please complete the form at this link. We will try to find a tutor for that class, or recommend a tutor in a similar program who can help you.
- Never skip a class to meet with a tutor. The tutor does not replace your instructor, and will not teach you anything new or cover any material you miss in class.
- We recommend you book your tutoring sessions at least two days in advance. If you book with less than 24 hours’ notice, the tutor may decline your request.
- The appointment needs to be accepted by the tutor to be a valid appointment, please refer to page 5 & 6 in Upswing Manual to check if appointment has been accepted. Last minute requests may not be approved in time for the requested appointment.
- If you have to cancel an appointment, cancel it on Upswing at least 24 hours in advance. If it’s less than 24 hours before your appointment, contact the PALS office by emailing us at email@example.com.
Additional Humber Resources