The Behavioural Science Ontario college certificate program will prepare you for roles as behaviour technicians, consultants, and therapists, depending upon your previous academic background.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN AND PROGRAM FEATURES
- Graduates of this program will receive a Humber Board Approved Certificate of Accomplishment
- There are six courses in total including a 180-hour work-integrated learning course
- Courses will be conducted in a hybrid format with both in-class and online coursework requirements
- Each course is approximately 8 weeks and covers 50 hours of content (through in-class and online learning)
- Our Behavioural Science Certificate is in the process of submitting a renewal application to the Association for Behavior Analysis International (ABAI) to request our renewed permission to offer a Verified Course Sequence (VCS). A Verified Course Sequence (VCS) is a set of courses that have been verified by the Association for Behavior Analysis International as meeting specific coursework requirements, content hours, and faculty standards. This approval allows our Certificate to continue meeting the Educational Requirements for the Board Certified Assistant Behavior Analyst® (BCaBA®) certification exam. Please note the BACB requires applicants possess an undergraduate degree in order to apply for certification.
- We are currently awaiting our renewed approval. Students not pursuing Board Certified Assistant Behavior Analyst® (BCaBA®) Certification Exam, are welcome to complete our Behavioural Science Certificate at any time; those pursuing their Certification Exam with the BACB are encouraged to wait until the Certificate has secured its 2022 Verified Course Sequence renewal.
- The BACB is an independent organization and we cannot answer questions related to their qualification and examination process. Information can be found here BACB - Behavior Analyst Certification Board
- The Program Application can be found below
Admission Application Form >
How to Register
You are required to register for each individual course included in a CE program. You can register for a course by selecting it and following the instructions in the “How to Register” box.
Each CE program is comprised of a series of courses which may all have different fees. You are required to register for each course individually and pay the associated fees. Once you select the course, the fee is displayed in the “How to Register” box.
Humber Continuous Professional Learning Social & Community Services
416.675.6622 ext. 4554
Every attempt is made to ensure that information contained on this website is current and accurate. Humber reserves the right to correct any error or omission, modify or cancel any course, program, fee, timetable or campus location at any time without prior notice or liability to users or any other Person.
On October 21, 2019, the Provincial Government of Ontario announced the renaming of the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities (MTCU) to the Ministry of Colleges and Universities (MCU). Both names may appear on this website.
Select information only is included in this printable PDF. For complete program details, refer to humber.ca/programs.