Name Change Policy
Effective Date: July 1, 2019 Download PDF
Learners must provide their full legal name to create a learner account when applying to any Real Estate Education Program <See: Admissions Policy>. Learners may change their legal surname by following the procedures in this policy.
Any legal surname change, including multiple names or hyphenated names, will require a legal name change certificate from the government of Ontario. <See: Service Ontario, Change Name>
To request a change of legal surname on the record:
- Complete the Name Change Form found online on the Learner Portal and submit with the appropriate documentation
- Download and complete the Name Change Form and present with the supporting documentation in person at the Real Estate Education Program Office.
The legal name change certificate is not required when:
- Assuming a spouse’s surname
- A copy of the marriage certificate is required.
- Returning to a maiden name
- A copy a birth certificate is required.