Skip to main content

What is synchronous and asynchronous learning?

Synchronous online classes require instructor and students to be present online on a specific day and time while asynchronous online classes do not occur on a specific day and time. 

How will I know if an online class is scheduled as synchronous and asynchronous?

Synchronous will have an assigned day of the week along with a specified time.

Asynchronous will be listed as TBA for the assigned day and time.

If I register in both kinds of online learning will I have a conflict?

If you are required to be online at the same date and time, please advise your professors and they will work with you.  

When can I register if my program is not listed?

In order to register, you must have an active offer and paid your tuition deposit.  If you do not have the tuition deposit link available on MyHumber, please complete the Records/Registration e-form.

Please note, full time program fees are a package cost and adding a course(s) in the current term may not qualify you for a refund or a reduction in fees in a future semester.

What is Financial Deregistration?

Students who are registered for courses in the current semester and have not paid their outstanding fees by the fee due date as published in the Academic Calendar will be sent emails to inform them of their course deregistration if payment is not received.

Reinstatement of courses following financial deregistration will require the student’s account to be paid in full including associated penalties.

Reinstatement after financial deregistration must be done within five business days following deregistration. Following that, students will not be allowed to reregister until the next semester and all outstanding fees are paid in full.

Students will not receive credit or a grade for any courses dropped as a result of the deregistration process.

For more detailed information please review 7.3 Financial Deregistration and Reinstatement in the Academic Regulations.

I'm getting the error "You are not permitted to register at this time". What does that mean?

Students who receive the "You are not permitted to register at this time" error are either not eligible to register yet, or they have not selected the correct term.

Please login to your MyHumber account and click on Student > Registration > Prepare for Registration.

Why am I getting a "Reserved Closed" error when I try to add a course?

The Reserved Closed error means that the course is now full for day-time students and only open for Continuing Education/Night students. If you are receiving this message, please try registering into a different course.

What is the status of my registration for my program that is commencing this coming semester?

To ensure that you are prepared for registration, please login to your MyHumber account and click on Student > Registration > Prepare for Registration.

Should I be able to register for classes online yet?

Registration dates and times vary by program. Please click here to check your program-specific registration date/time.

Is Humber going to give me my schedule for the semester, or would I have to choose my own classes?

Students must register for courses online, through MyHumber. No schedules will be automatically generated. To learn more about registration, please click here for How-to Guides.

When is the last day to add/drop a class or get a refund?

Humber’s Academic Calendar will list all important dates for each semester, including last day to add/drop classes.

If I drop one course from my full course load, do I get a partial refund?

Full-time students do not receive a refund for dropping one course. Tuition is based on full-time curriculum so you need to reduce your course load to part-time in order to receive a refund.

Where on MyHumber can I view my timetable?

Once you have completed the registration process, you may view your timetable via MyHumber by clicking Student > Registration > View Registration Information

Can I switch the section of my course?

If you have block based registration, you will require permission from your Program Coordinator to switch course sections. If the request is approved, the Program Coordinator will complete a Student Action Form (SAF) on your behalf. SAF requests typically take 1-3 business days to process. Check MyHumber regularly to see the latest status of your request and pay any outstanding  fees as required. 

If you have course based registration, you can make changes directly on MyHumber.

I have a hold on my account, what does this mean?

To determine the type of hold you have on your account and the required action to have it removed, please visit this page:

What do I do if there are no spots left in the course? Or if the remaining sections do not fit my timetable?

You must select another course or make adjustments to the currently selected courses to fit your preferred course selections.

How do I request a Confirmation of Enrolment?

You will be required to login to your MyHumber account and request the document.   Click on Student > Student Records > Confirmation of Enrolment/Graduation.

Where can I find the course CRN?

You are able to look up course CRNs a few different ways after logging in to your MyHumber account:

1) Click on Student > Registration > View Registration Information to see the CRNs in which you are enrolled.

2) Click on Student > Registration > Browse Classes > Select the term > enter your search criteria to find CRNs of classes for which you would like to register.

3) Click on Student > Academic Progress to bring up your program curriculum. The course codes are hyperlinks which will bring up the course description and any course offerings.

What is a block or block registration?

A block of courses is a set of courses that creates a timetable. Depending on your program, you may be able to choose between two or more blocks of timetables.  Registration types vary depending on your registered program.   The Academic Progress tab on MyHumber will show you what required courses must be completed.

When I try to register for my courses, the link seems to be broken, what do I do?

Our system is set up for optimal performance on Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, or Safari. If you are using Internet Explorer, you may encounter issues, so attempt to log in to MyHumber with a different browser.

I am getting a "Program Restriction" or "Reserved Closed" message when trying to add a course. What does this mean?

The course you are trying to add is restricted to a specific program or group of students. You will have to select a different section or different course.

Why am I getting a "No block currently available" message?

One or more of the courses in your programs blocks are full. Please contact your Academic School.

How do I know if my program is completing block based or course based registration?

On your program/semester specific registration page, there are instructions on how to register for courses. Block based students will have instructions titled "How to Register for Block Courses" and Course based students will have instructions titled "How to Add a Course".

When does the registration for Practical Nursing and Bachelor of Nursing programs take place?

Clinical Registration for returning Practical Nursing and UNB students will be done on and will be managed by the School of Health Sciences.  Students should check their blackboard and their email for more information regarding Registration.