Chartwells Bursaries - Residence Students ONLY
Chartwells, our food services provider, has generously contributed the funding for Residence bursaries. We are now offering a bursary to all residents who are living in Residence for the entire academic year. A limited number of bursaries, valued at $500- $1,000 each, are available. These bursaries are awarded primarily on financial need, however academic standing and positive contributions on campus are also taken into consideration. Residence bursaries are only a supplement and are meant to relieve a student’s immediate and temporary need.
- Have demonstrated financial need as defined by the bursary application process.
- Be a current resident, a full time student for the current academic year, and paying full-time fees
- Be in good academic standing.
- Have a clear record in terms of the Residence Code of Conduct
- Preference is given to students who have not received a student financial aid bursary during this academic year
The Residence Bursaries are available twice during the academic year, once in the fall and once in the spring, or until funds are depleted. Students must demonstrate financial need to be considered. The Residence Bursary Committee reviews all applications in an anonymous format, considering the criteria above, and selects the successful applicants.
Applicants will be notified by email as to the status of their bursary within three weeks after the application deadline has passed. If a student has an outstanding amount on their student account, bursary funds will pay the outstanding balance first. If no amount is outstanding, the bursary funds will be sent by e-transfer or cheque to the student.
All bursary recipients will receive a T4A for income tax purposes.