The Emotional Intelligence Program is designed for students interested in gaining, improving and mastering skills in Emotional Intelligence.
The EI Program will run from February to April 2019.
- Application Period: Feb 1 - Feb 15
- Acceptance Notifications: Feb 18 - 22
- One-on-one EI interpretation with a certified EQ-1 2.0® coach: Feb 23 - April 26
Please note that due to limited spaces students will be chosen based on the strength of their application and their involvement with the First Year Experience program.
What is EI?
Emotional Intelligence (EI) is defined as “a set of emotional and social skills that influence the way we perceive and express ourselves, develop and maintain social relationships, cope with challenges, and use emotional information in an effective and meaningful way” (Multi-Health Systems, 2011, p. 1).
How does EI affect me?
It is now well documented that higher emotional intelligence skills are directly related to greater academic and career success!
What’s in it for me?
There are 30 spots per campus (Lakeshore & North) available. You must attend all mandatory sessions to achieve the certificate. Participation includes:
- Your personal Emotional Intelligence score and profile
- One-on-one EI interpretation with a certified EQ-1 2.0® coach
- Emotional Intelligence Program personal planning guide.
- Certificate upon successful completion of the program
The EI Program can support your development in:
- Emotional Intelligence & Student Success
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Stress Management
- Emotional Intelligence and Happiness