At Humber College and the University of Guelph-Humber, we support survivors, educate students in being active bystanders, and are committed to building a culture of consent. The Consent Peer Education Program (CPEP) fosters an environment of prevention surrounding sexual violence, by way, seeks to, educate and empower the Humber/UofGH community, including: students, faculty, and staff through reflective practices, media campaigns, and empowerment initiatives in addition to proactive bystander intervention workshops.
Our team is made up of a vibrant group of 10 students between the North/UofGH campus and Lakeshore campuses who are dedicated to building a culture of consent awareness and sexual violence through outreach.
Consent Peer Educators (CPEs)
CPE’s are responsible for:
- Providing sexual violence and consent education through events, training, and social media outlets
- Researching on-going initiatives regarding sexual violence awareness and prevention
- Being active role models on campus while positively promoting and encouraging others in accordance with the Sexual Assault and Sexual Violence policy at Humber/UofGH
Senior Consent Peer Educators (SCPE)
SCPE’s are responsible for:
- Leading the Consent Peer Education Program including leading the digital presence of the program though social media outlets
- Facilitating dialogues/workshops around consent, sexual violence, and healthy relationships
- Plan and coordinate large scale events
- Assist in developing the CPEP training program
- Being active role models on campus while positive promoting and encouraging others in accordance with the Sexual Assault and Sexual Violence Policy at Humber/UofGH
Join Our Team!
Check back for details in early April to find out more about the positions we are hiring for.
Why join our team?
- Develop a broad awareness of sexual violence on campus, in addition to a clear understanding of consent education.
- Develop skills such as: team building, communication, leadership, & event planning
- Receive trainings such as: bystander intervention, conflict resolution, diversity awareness, intersectionality and more.
- Obtain recognition on your Co-Curricular Record.