Support for Students
Student Support & Intervention Coordinators: 416-675-6622 ext. 2102
Counselling Services: 416-675-6622, ext. 5090 (North); ext. 3331 (Lakeshore)
Health Services: 416-675-6622, ext. 5090 (North); ext. 3331 (Lakeshore)
Accessible Learning Services: 416-675-6622, ext. 5090 (North); ext. 3331 (Lakeshore)
For a list of community resources, click here.
Why get support?
If you have experienced sexual assault and/or violence, getting help can be positive. There are several reasons why getting support can be beneficial:
- Access to free and confidential counselling services to help navigate through the emotional experiences you may be having
- An explanation of your options for reporting (formally and informally) and referrals, so you are better informed to make the best decision for yourself
- Access to medical care—even if you do not have any physical injuries, you may want to consider getting tested for STIs and/or pregnancy
- Support navigating academic considerations (such as changes in test time/location, extensions for assignment deadlines, etc.) with your academic school
What kind of support can you expect?
At Humber College and the University of Guelph-Humber, we approach all instances of sexual assault and violence through a survivor-centric lens. In doing so, we offer comprehensive support to ensure survivors feel supported throughout the entire process, so that they can focus on their wellness and recovery while remaining successful in their academic pursuits. These are some of the many supports that we can offer:
- Referrals to legal and health support/advocacy, both on and off campus
- Referrals to Counselling Services, Health Services and Accessible Learning Services
- Housing and financial resources and options
- Full support navigating the Code of Student Conduct process through the Office of Student Conduct
- Support with accessing temporary academic or internship/workplace considerations, if required
- Safety planning
- Providing self-care resources
- Explaining options and next steps